Welcome to F2’s class page.
F2 are taught by Mrs Walker and Miss Allen and supported by our teaching assistants Mrs Henderson and Mrs Higgins.
On this page you will find information that will keep you up to date with what we are getting up to in F2 this term.
School starts at 8.50am and finishes at 3.25pm
PE is on a Monday and Friday.
Reading books are given out every Monday and are expected back the following Monday in order to be changed. This will be accompanied by a reading record to be filled in accordingly to keep us up to date with how your child read and enjoyed their book.
Homework will be given out every Monday and is expected back the following Monday at the latest.
To support your child further with their development, you could work on:
- Reading to them
- Practise nursery rhymes
- Name writing
- Counting objects
Number recognition and formation.
In Reading we are working towards…
- Learning and performing nursery rhymes.
- Looking at a variety of books and holding them carefully and turning the pages carefully
- To explore stories and identify the characters, setting, problem and solution
- Predicting and changing the end of the stories
- Hearing and saying initial sounds in words
- Saying the sounds letters make in our alphabet
- To begin to read set 1 and 2 words and simple sentences, using ‘Fred talk and read’ to support if needed.
In Writing we are working towards…
- Pencil grip.
- Writing our full names.
- Hearing and writing initial sounds in words.
- Correct letter formation for set 1 sounds.
- Writing set 1 and 2 words.
- Writing sentences using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
In Number we are working towards…
- Identifying numerals 0 – 20
- Counting up to 10 objects with one to one correspondence
- Applying our understanding and knowledge of models such as 10’s frames and part-whole to help us with our counting and reasoning skills.
- Match numeral to quantity/value correctly (0-20)
- Say what is one more and one less of a given number (0-10)
In Shape, Space and Measure we are working towards…
- Beginning to use mathematical names for ‘solid’ 3D shapes and ‘flat’ 2D shapes, and mathematical terms to describe shapes.
- Sorting 3 lengths by size from the shortest to the tallest
- Uses familiar objects and common shapes to create and recreate patterns and build models.
This term, we are focusing on the fairytale ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’. We will be learning all about the story as well as finding out about planting seeds, growth and discussing change in living things.