RWI are are streaming three, short Speed Sounds lessons for children to watch at home every weekday on our YouTube channel. Please subscribe!
Each lesson is ten minutes long and available for 24 hours.
Repeats of lessons streamed up until Friday 3rd April will be shown during the Easter holidays (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Set 1 Speed Sounds 9.30 am (BST) - for children in Nursery and Reception and children who are new to English
- Set 2 Speed Sounds 10.00 am - for children in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds and for children in Year 1 and 2
- Set 3 Speed Sounds 10.30 am - for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds
After the Easter holidays, we will:
- Continue Sets 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons
- Add lessons to help children read words with Set 1 Speed Sounds and spell words with Set 1, 2 and 3 sounds
Once each set has been shown, we will replay one a day from each set.
Look out for Story Time three times a week too!
Websites to support learning
Here are some websites that we think will help you work with your children at home, reinforcing much of the work we do here in school. Why not have a try and let us know how you get on. The termly class curriculum letters also provide information on useful websites linked to specific topics or themes.
BBC Bitesize- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education
This covers both key stage 1 (KS1) and KS2 (KS2) for a wide range of subjects
The National Numeracy Website - https://www.nationalnumeracy.org.uk/
This is a really good website with lots of useful resources. It is designed to raise standards of numeracy across the country for both children and adults and it has specific areas for parents who want to help their children.
Crickweb - http://www.crickweb.co.uk
Another good website for a wide range of subjects and general info about education.
Websites to support phonics and reading
Websites to support times tables
Websites to support maths fluency
Websites to support computing